Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Shock from 1982!!!


THIS IS A BLAST FROM MY PAST!!! (Please watch in order on the page...)

It was a time in our nation's history that I will never forget. The threat of a nuclear war. The movie "The Day After" had just shaken our nation's collective soul. Then on the heals of that this came out. James Clavell had written this story in the 60's but it seems that it was not published until 1981. Titled "The Children's Story" with a subtitle of "but not just for children," It gave a look at how a government that has overthrown our own could influence and destroy the fabric of our own lives.



I remember as a child, I was the same age as these children that are sitting in this room. This little progam spoke to my very spirit. Even then as a second grader, I knew the importance of the things like our pledge, our freedom, and our FLAG. I felt chills and a sick feeling in my gut, as a child and as an adult, watching this as they desicrated the flag of our country. The drums made the points and fears even more apparent to me.



And then for this teacher to attack our own views and philosophies of religion and prayer was the very worst to me. The drums show us the subtle attacks to the very very impressionable children. As an adult, we see these attacks and are disgusted.

This show scared the living heck out of me. I watched it alone one day after school. It had haunted me long after I had seen it. I remember not wanting to go to school. I was afraid that I would be stuck there and not able to see my mom and dad. I was truely shaken. I remember having a vivid dream that night and having to sleep in the school and all. HOW AWFUL and effective this program was. I even had a cute teacher like this one.

I went looking on the internet the other night and finally found this. I know that the copies are bad. This dissapeared and has not been seen since. Luckily someone found it and put it out there for all of us to look back on. Don't let it shake you up too much. And let's appreciate what we have in our lives today!!!

2 comments:

The Coolest Curiels said...

Wow! Yeah, that is horrible! I am very glad that's not the way Hitler decided to do things. He may have been more successful. That gives me the heebie jeebies! I hope we can teach our children what is right and give them strong testimonies of the importance of freedom and the price which was paid for us to have it.

The Coolest Curiels said...

P.S. just in case you don't check, I left comments on the next two posts as well.