Thursday, April 17, 2008

Once in a while... A Movie Comes ALONG!!!


THE SASQUATCH GANG aka THE SASQUATCH DUMPLING GANG!!!

While looking through some sites like aintitcoolnews.com and a few other places I came across this strange looking title. That alone would have kept me away from it, but after reading a good review and also seeing words like, "IF YOU LOVED NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, YOU'LL LOVE THIS MOVIE," And also seeing that it came from the first director of Napoleon Dynamite, I had to give it a shot! I put it in my Blockbuster Online account and waited for it.

To my suprise, I was really entertained by the silliness of it all. As you can see, Justin Long is in it as Zurk. A... well it's kind of hard to call him the typical protagonist. He plays what he does well here. But the thing is that you can't just call him a red neck, or a metal head, or a dope head, or what ever you see him as. He just does it well. With his near Napoleon sounding, "What the crap is that," You gotta like him.
There is another character by the name of Shirts, played by Joey Kern, who seems to steal the show. Most of the time, he talks in this very high pitched mumble whine voice, that for some reason never gets old. And he's called shirts for a reason, along with his whole family.


The basic plot is simple. Told over the time of several days, four friends find evidence of the existence of BIGFOOT, aka Sasquatch.

What is so great about this movie is that I really can't just tell you what happens. You really have to watch it. If I were to sit down and break it down, it would really take the fun out of the whole thing.

If you really want to learn more about it, look for the trailer or a scene on the net.

I really liked this movie. The minute I started watching it, I was hooked into the whole thing. Now I will say that it is not like Napoleon. So don't expect that again. That movie is a once in a life time thing that can never be truely done again. This is it's own movie. Original? Yes. Fun? Yes! GO and check it out!
p.s. They actually used a NOFX song and if you go to the website, it's there too... KUDOS!!!

2 comments:

The Coolest Curiels said...

It looks funny, do you guys still have it there? Or have you sent it back?

Cartoon Tesams said...

Everyone watched that 2nd Singles Ward. I still have it though.