Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Father's DAY!!!

My wife got me an aaawessommmee gift. She got me a new radio for the truck! Which I was completely shocked. It had everything I wanted in a radio/cd/mp3/ipod ready player. This radio actually attaches to my Ipod and can control my ipod. I was looking at one earlier in the year but didn't get it. Was going to buy it and have someone install it.
Well, got this one and studied the instructions and did some online research. It looked like I could handle it. So I decided to do it myself. It actually wasn't too hard to do. I've never done this before though. So I really found some good info out there and with a deep breath I jumped into it.
I ended up having to buy another adaptor for my truck. I bought one that said it was for my truck. Took it home and hooked it up with some crimpping connectors. Then got out to the truck all excited. Took off the dash and pulled out the old radio. The tried to hook it to see if it was going to fit. It was completely wrong! It wasn't even close! Oh I was angry.
Then I had to push the new bracket into place for it, since you had to put it together and then the nuts and bolts stuck out way too far! But it still fit. Somehow.
Then I had to run to Lowes and get some connectors and went to Wally World and got a new bracket that actually looked right.
Got home and had to reconnect all of that together. Then took it all out and put it all together. And IT WORKED!!! It just took me like five hours to get it all working right! I was sitting outside just listening to it when I was done. Had to clean up the truck though so my wife could sit in there and listen to it too with me.
She really surprised me with this one. That's a hard thing to do.
This radio is awesome! It's amazing what a difference the sound is. It's the same factory speakers and all, but the unit has such a better sound quality, it's terrific! Better Highs and Lows. Larger bass. And the sound coming out of the ipod is great! I ran the wire to the glove compartment. So I can have it inside and not even seen! There's a remote that I can use too! This is an awesome radio. And just in time. I'm going to Missouri at the end of this week. It's going to be great. Last two trips I've used a FM modulator and power cord. It's worked okay. It did the job. But I was always having to find new stations to tune to when I was driving and the sound started going bad. But this is even better! This is a great father's day present. Thank you my loving wife and family!
Looking forward now to driving to Missouri and listening to that new Coldplay I preordered and the new Weezer album too!!!

No comments: