Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ATTACKED IN THE FRONT YARD!!!

While walking out to my truck during my lunch break today, I closed the front door and walked to the truck. Then, I began to feel some pops on my shoulder. Then those pops began to burn really bad! I was getting attacked by wasps or hornets! They flew down from above my head. There were about 5 or six of them I think. They kept hitting my shoulder, and as I finally realized what was happening after a few seconds I tried to move forward towards my truck, only to get hit in the forehead by them. I swatted a few with my hand, but another slammed into my finger and hit it two times! I finally ducked my head down and kept yelling and hit the front door of the house. Somehow in the swatting, I also knocked my glasses down off my face so I couldn't see anything except black flying things swarming around me. I managed to swat and swipe them off of my shoulder and hand long enought to get away and as I hit the door, I was afraid they were flying towards me. I opened it up and got inside. I locked the door and just let out this awful yell. My shoulder burned really bad. My forehead was burning. And my had was just in a mess with really bad burning sensations. It wasn't going away either. It seemed to burn sold for a good hour. It like 3 in the morning and it still hurts. My finger is really tight and it hurts to move it or really use it. I think I actually got hit five times. Twice in the shoulder, once on the forehead, and twice on the hand. Dawn came running in, and all I could ask was if there was anything on my back or shoulder. She looked and told me no. My body was just burning and hurting. I haven't been stung in 31 years. No joke. I took my shirt off and my wife had to put some kind of junk on me with amonia. I called my boss to let him know I was going to be late getting back. He told me to spray some windex on the stings. But I was the whole time in pain and I don't usually show it often. It hurt that bad. I was shocked at how much it did hurt. I couldn't help it as I kept letting out groans and those breath in breaths through your teeth.
I called my mother in law and warned her not to come in the front door. She went to the store and bought some killer. After spraying them, they knocked down the nest. I don't know how long it had been there, but it was a good baseball sized nest. How long had it been there, and they just lay dormant. I wonder what set them off.
Funny thing though, Dawn gave me some kind of pill and within an hour I was nearly falling asleep as I walked and stood at work. I still don't know what it was.
Now I'm all like cautious and a little fearful of walking out there. I know that Dawn knocked the nest down after her mother sprayed it. But it's still alittle scary to know where they came from after never seeing them before. I got some pictures of where the nest was. I snuck out the door to look for where they may have come from. Sure enough it was under the awning. I took pics with my phone and sent them to Dawn, showing where they were. That was kind of cool.
Well, there's my adventure for the day...

1 comment:

The Coolest Curiels said...

Are you okay! Man that must have KILLED! Now I'm scared to go over there! LOL