Saturday, September 27, 2008

Living out of a bag

Hello, How are you all doing? I'm doing alright. Starting back on Monday, I've been living up in Shreveport, Louisiana. I'm living at the Clarion Hotel. I'm actually training at one of the Lowe's stores in Shreveport. I'm going through what's called the Administrative Manager Training Program. It's been okay this first week. I'm looking more forward to the coming weeks as we really start to get into the whole administrative role. But I have been living out of two bags in my fancy hotel room. It's got a flat 32 inch plasma screen TV, with a fluffy king sized bed. Every day when I get home from the store, there are two mints placed on my pillow. I do know that I want to get one of those curved shower curtain rods. They use it on a standard sized tub in the room and it gives you so much more space! It's been kind of boring up there. I've been pretty much living in the room and going to eat within a mile radius. But there are a ton of places there. I've been to Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesdays, Longhorn, Monjuni's, TGI Friday's, Pasada's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Joe's Southwest Grill, Chick-Fil-A, and IHOP. And there's even more places all with in this mile radius. I've still got to try a chinese place. I honestly thought I'd be eating more chinese, but with so much to choose from, it's gonna be a little while before I get to that. But I'll go and eat and head back to my room and just chill out. I checked out the best buy and circuit city. But that's as far as I've gone looking around. It's kind of boring with out Dawn here. But I have to go back up on Sunday and be there for the second week. I've got one week down and Five to go. I do enjoy seeing how another store operates and seeing what they do that is effective and what they do that's not. Silent note taking as I watch. I did get to see some of my Leesville guys. They came up for training and weren't told that it was cancelled. WOW! That's a two and a half hour drive. I felt bad for them. We went out for lunch. It was good to see them. I think I even suprised a few people there for them to see me with them and just how close we are as a store and team. I know one person told me that they thought is was cool to see how open and all we were as a team. That was cool. Well, I'll be on my way. I'll try to report again next weekend on all the cool going on's. Later!

1 comment:

The Coolest Curiels said...

Sounds like fun. But I understand, you could be in the funnest place in the workd and without your spouse its blah. Cool though. Now I wish we lived in Shreveport so you could stay with us!