Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Sort of Grill

My family and I went to Port Arthur over the weekend. We went to see my wife's grandfather for a little while and we went to eat out for lunch. We went to Luby's cafeteria. That was the most overrated place I'd ever gone to. The food was expensive and really didn't taste all that great. Me being the meat eater, I purchased a steak. I would have to say that Ryan's makes a better steak on Friday night than Luby's. The green beans had this weird taste to them. Like too much peper and onions. But everyone else seemed okay with the choice. We visited with the family for a little bit. My sister-in-law had to find some school supplies and we found a place on my phone that was called Mannings. There was a place in Port Arthur and another in Beaumont.
But before we went there, we went to my wife's uncle's place. They had a gas grill the weren't using anymore and asked if we wanted it. It's been well used but there is hope for it. It's going to take alot of work on it. I took it to the carwash and tried to get as much junk and caked on grease off as I could. Now I have to get into the inside of it and take off some things and get a bucket and just dig into cleaning it off. It's going to be really messy and a job. But I think we can revive it. My only concern is that the hoses and connections still work well. We'll try that in a few days and see what happens. If I had a camera, I would take a picture of it. I'll try in a few days. I'm excited to see if we can get this thing going. I've been looking at gas grills. They can never replace charcoal but it'll be neat to see how it works.
Oh, we went to IHOP in Beaumont. The food was cheaper and better than Luby's but the service was way off. You know it's all about customer service. And that place lacked that. They even got my wife's order wrong. She ate about half of it before realizing how off it was. Funny! Remember, you can never go wrong when you get the Colorado Omlette!!! Or the Monster Cheeseburger!

No comments: